How do I make a claim?

If you need to make a claim against the insurance policy put in place by the Landlord, please refer to the insurance certificate, which contain the claims contact details.. If you are unable to locate the claims contact details please contact your Managing Agents in the first instance (if applicable) who will have these details. If they are unable to assist then please contact us for details.
It is important to note that whilst we do collect the premium we do not administer the policy itself and as such have no dealings with the claims process.

How is the building sum insured decided?

The sum insured is the amount of money for which your block is covered. It is the most that insurers will pay under any circumstances. The Landlord must calculate an adequate sum insured to avoid claim payments being reduced due to under insurance. The sum insured under a buildings policy must be the full rebuilding/reinstating cost of the block. The market value or the Council Tax band valuation has no direct relationship to the rebuilding cost. This would be carried out by taking measurements of the block and using the rebuilding cost information. 

Why do I need terrorism cover?

Terrorism insurance is insurance product purchased by the Landlord to cover their potential losses and liabilities that might occur due to terrorist activities. In view of the potential liability Landlords generally ensure that terrorism cover is obtained. It is the right and obligation of the Landlord under the terms of the Lease to determine the scope of cover.

What happens if I think I can get a cheaper quote?

The Landlord is not and cannot be expected to find the cheapest insurance policy on the market, however regular market tenders are undertaken at the time of renewal. What is more, your quote will not be on a like for like basis. While the cover may be comparable, you are in a different category to a commercial Landlord. A direct comparison is not, therefore appropriate. A comparison can also not be made to a private Household policy.